great posts, page-6

1. 887 Posts.
    Thanks for your post Viennalager.

Wisdom comes in many forms. You have reminded about this post that impacted me when I was active in SDL early 2011.

Cheers Coppertop01

04/01/11 20:35 (View) Back Post Reply (+70)
    Options: Post OptionsPost New MessagePost ReplyAdd User to FavouritesAdd Stock to FavouritesEmail to a FriendIgnore MemberIgnore StockReport TOU Violation

Phildo
    Post #: 6149004
    Price at time of posting: 62c
    In Reply to msg: #6144623
    IP: 58.7.xxx.xxx
    Sentiment: Hold
    Disclosure: Stock Held
    Views: 1354

To view the full post without scrolling please use the full width view or single post view. Quoting CoyoteX: "The thing is, isn't there a rule about getting emotional involved in a share you own?"

Yep, basically. This one is a tad different though.

I've been driving a taxi in Perth for a bit over two years. I work 60 to 70 hours a week, over six to seven nights a week (ie I take some Sundays off).

I bought 150,000 shares in Sundance in January 2010 at 14 cents, as a speculative gamble. They'd had two good spikes in the previous couple of years and it was my assumption that a spike would happen again.

Then the plane crashed, and everyone aboard died. It was upsetting some some exceptionally good people died. It just wasn't right. But, sh1t happens. Welcome to life.

Over the last few months Sundance have been on a spectacular ride. Wow.

It has been my intention to work non-stop, make as much money as possible and then buy my own taxi plate, which I will keep for the rest of my life. Once I've got one plate paid for then I can use that as collateral and buy two more. Rinse and repeat, etc.

In the taxi that I currently drive, I deal with mining people on a daily basis as I work in the West Perth area a lot (ie where most mining companies are based). I have all sorts of conversations with engineers, project managers, HR people, etc.

Before June last year no-one had heard of Sundance. Now, everyone knows who and what the company is. Instead of being just another wannabee producer, it is now well known and regarded.

If Sundance keep on going and actually get to the $1.00 mark then I'll end up buying not one but two taxi plates this year. I'll be ecstatic. This will change my life a LOT. Heck, even now I could cash out and have the deposit for one plate.

I'll consider one of those plates and cars to be paid for by Sundance. Specifically, it will be paid for by the deaths of some very good people in June.

It sounds silly, but if this does eventuate then one of those taxis will have a memorial plaque on the dashboard dedicated to the lives lost last year. I'll learn about each individual's life and tell passengers about them.

When it comes down to the basics, we buy shares to make money. Mainly, we buy to make a capital gain. It's not an emotional relationship. We're not taking those shares out to dinner. We're not sending them birthday cards or having sex with them. They are simply an instrument to make money for us.

I have no doubt that the shares wouldn't be worth what they are now if the plane crash hadn't have happened. There are moments when I feel like a real piece of sh1t for making money out of such tragic deaths. But it's business, and I can't control what happens. I was just a passive and very, very, very minor passenger in the company.

So, like most of us, I'll make money out of Sundance. For me, it will go towards a particular project (ie taxi plate).

But I'll never forget what happened. I have shed a tear or three here and there, including right now.

I'll make money out of this company but the loss of some valuable lives is acknowledged.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.