CZD 3.13% 9.3¢ calzada limited

great progress, page-4

1. 5,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    it was reported it was legal take a prescription for AOD to a compounding chemist oral or IV ? If so does CZD get royalty and why did CZD not advise its legal availabilty?

Having discussed this issue with David Kenley several times over the past year and a half, I think I can answer.

One, the compounding chemist, as I understand it, does not compound or furnish the AOD9604 - he merely provides some sort of legitimizing scrip. The user obtains the AOD9604 from one of the many on-line suppliers, mostly located in China, but some actually seemingly in Australia. The AOD9604 is almost invariably shipped from China regardless of where the seller seems to be physically located.

Calzada collects royalties from this underground trade, nor do they want to.

Patent infringement is a civil, not a criminal matter. To act against this trade would require Calzada to devote resources to identifying, locating, and filing suit against hundreds of small time operators who would most likely simply close up and re-open elsewhere under a different name.

In short, the time, expense and effort required would be inordinate and the chance of real success slim to none.

The BEST way to shut these guys down is to get the GRAS status confirmed, find legit partners to whom AOD9604 can be furnished in bulk, start manufacturing by Fmoc synthesis, and lower the price to the point where there is simply no longer any profit in the black market trade.

That's really the only way to end this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.