PDN 1.44% $11.66 paladin energy ltd

great quarter 1.9mlb sold at usd 55.22, page-23

1. 5,801 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    @W_Sam: ""What a typical media report full of negative spin. Just goes to show that the same results can be interpreted so totally differently by whoever has which agenda."
    Nightstalker - read this again and think about your agenda.. "

Sam - my "agenda' is purely to point out that the results can be spun every which way. That first report spins it one way, while the second one (posted by Fluffy) spins it the other way. And that is based on the same report.

I must admit to being continually frustrated by so-called "analysts" who prognosticate on what they THINK upcoming results SHOULD be, then the shareprice either soars or goes to hell in a handbasket depending on how the ACTUAL results match up with the "expectations". Why does everything depend on those "analyst" guesses, which is all they are? And to prove that's all they are, this happens every quarterly or every financial report. The analysts pore over the figures, then come out with a dizzying array of assessments, varying from buy through hold to sell, and with widely varying "target prices". All based on the exact same set of numbers and information. They can't all be right.

And to illustrate my point I used that example of the Kayalekera production - the quarterly says they achieved 94% of nameplate (which is a good thing) while that second report says they missed their target by "a massive 29%".
    Now, apart from using perjorative adjectives to colour the information, such as the word "massive" (which is actually a relative term), how can they produce 94% of nameplate, yet apparently miss their target by 29%? Unless they were aiming - or more likely the "analysts" were guessing" at an output of 125% of nameplate or thereabouts?

Those two reports above just CAN'T both be right. Even taking into account the spin and the headlines...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.