IRN 0.00% 29.5¢ indophil resources nl

As we have all known for many years Tampakan was one of the...

1. 1,978 Posts.
    As we have all known for many years Tampakan was one of the worlds -if not the biggest -undeveloped copper deposit. But WMC could not get it away - the tribal domains in that area are very primitive and between the Church and the tribal situation WMC finally walked. What has changed - NOTHING.

Now recent drilling -including todays announcement is fantastic - but was to be expected - and there is a lot more to come yet. So (for B2) what has driven the share price -certainly none other than record copper prices - presumed international economic recovery - and a bull stock market in resources. The SOVEREIGN RISK has not changed and my earlier commnets (forB2) are as valid as when I made those statements.
    The FTT mining title situation remains unresolved -the Army can mount a coup any day and generally in Mindanao the unrest is still simmering -with more shooting recently. And Tampakan is in one of the worst areas if it all erupts - bordering Muslim provinces -certainly not as safe as christian Surigao for instance where Red 5 is operating.

So make hay with the share price whilst it shines - ride it as a market play -but (for B2) that has nothing to do with the fact this mine may never be developed until there is a paradigm shift in Filipino thinking -and that 'aint about to happen unless they bring back a dictator like Marcos.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.