IRN 0.00% 29.5¢ indophil resources nl

great results - a realistic perspective -for b2 to, page-5

1. 1,978 Posts.
    for jebigabre- great results - a realistic perspec JG,
    Put simply their mind does not work like ours - both you and I have great difficulty understanding why a big proportion of the Filipino community do NOT want mining development. It is wishful thinking -that is the real problem on HC -Aussies do not understand the anti mining sentiment -you have to go and live there and quietly ask them -as I did many times -why they were anti mining. The church and the NGO's are very influential. In general industry and in call centres etc etc there is some real economic progress -but mining is a dirty word because of past foreign domination (hence they won't change the 60:40 rule in their constitution) and some very bad environmental disasters.
    PLus as they have told me many times they don't want to be an Asian tiger. They prefer to preserve their simple life -like Kiwis !!
    Quote McCarthur during the war - "how do you fight for a people who do not want to fight for themselves" Mining will never be a significant industry in the RP economy despite their poverty and abundance of resources -proper sustainable development could inject billions into their economy -but it won't happen and we are not going to change that in our lifetime.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.