IFT 0.39% $10.18 infratil limited.

Yep. Sorry I should have clarified, that was my bad :p But yes,...

1. 1,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    Yep. Sorry I should have clarified, that was my bad

But yes, a diversified conglomerate with exposure to growing industries. I like the way management currently run this business, so I hope they stay for awhile.

I personally believe renewables will be a long-term play, because ultimately that's where the world will slowly transition too. Politics aside, I don't think it'll be a quick transition, but I think as technology evolves and the concept of "free energy" emerges as a viable alternative economically, investments will naturally increase in this space, as companies and consumers look to cut energy costs. This will perpetuate the whole cycle, and ultimately drive even more consumer demand for cheaper and cleaner energy.

I like IFT for its industrial, IT and telecommunications exposure. I am not aware of any other conglomerates that offer such exposure. Wesfarmers is heavily retail with other bits and bobs, and Washington H. Soul Pattison invest in coal mining and medical companies.

Another thing I like about IFT is it tends to invest heavily in defensive assets. Airports, data centres and renewable energy. I wouldn't be surprised if they enter the waste management market further down the track as it's an essential service, albeit a very costly operating environment. But at the end of the day, I hope it stays defensive, with reasonable returns (doesn't have to be crazy), but with steady increasing operating cash flow which in turn generates some suitable dividends.

Cheers,
    Dalto24
    Last edited by dalto24: 23/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.18
Change
-0.040(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $9.563B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.17 $10.23 $10.03 $1.803M 177.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 796 $10.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.23 796 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IFT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.