SYR 1.04% 48.5¢ syrah resources limited

You summed up the position for many of us , Proga ...in that the...

1. 1,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1034
    You summed up the position for many of us , Proga ...in that the öptimism and potential many of us see for Syrah /Balama/Vidalia gets confusing , paticularly as to the timing and where it all sits in the EV Battery Factory Manufacturing industry ramp up .
    Articles such as this , regarding Ultium Cells that received that huge $US2 Billion loan from the Dept of Energy just under 12 months ago , for battery cell manufacturing :
    https://insideevs.com/news/693537/gm-ultium-cells-tennessee-plant-delayed-2024/
    Tucked down towards the bottom of the article , was this line as edited below : Syrah signed a non binding MOU with Samsung in August this year , to supply spherical graphite !

So whilst there might be some delays ( as aslo experienced by Syrah at Vidalia ) , I keep asking myself a couple of questions :
    1) When these Ultium Cell factories come on line , where do they get the anode material from ????
    2) When Vidalia starts producing ..then ramps up to capacity for its 11k original plant ....does'nt it fit in with the DOE "necessity" to help construction and operation jobs in the USA , to offer significant further loan support , to enlarge Vidalia to the 45K plant !
    Similar to others --although a lot of the jigsaw pieces don't quite yet fit together , I get the feeling some decisive news from Syrah is a matter of days rather than weeks away .....and it might only take one or two of the parts to be announced , to trigger other parts to fall into place ??
    BTW --I noticed when Ultium opened one of its factories , Janet Yellen was there for the opening and the photo shoot !
    Edit
    A fourth battery-making facility is slated to open in Indiana, where GM has partnered with Samsung SDI

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.005(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $416.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.3¢ 47.5¢ $1.327M 2.749M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 55071 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 109441 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
49.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.95 %)
Open High Low Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 47.5¢ 1272936
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.