BSL 1.05% $20.14 bluescope steel limited

Yeah timetraveler, whatever ... they may just do that too and...

1. jct
    739 Posts.
    Yeah timetraveler, whatever ... they may just do that too and there is even a small chance you might be right. But a very small one. It'll be a good chance to dollar cost down too then, if it is the case ...

Contrary to your opinion however, companies like BSL are not necessarily out to always "trick" the market as you are suggesting. Yes, they buy up if they can see an opportunity to buy what looks to be cheap stock when the market presents the chance. But only if they know that the stock will be worth far more in future. They are not in the business of just blowing cash away to manipulate; they are investing in themselves and by doing so, creating wealth for all holders! Which for me, being a long term investor, is a very comfortable, secure feeling indeed ...

You are obviously the sort that likes to jump in and out of the market, blowing brokerage and hoping (just hoping) to get it right each day to collect your crumbs; so alas, you will probably never see the benefits of this sort of real investment strategy. It's fine, just keep predicting that the sky is falling from week to week, stressing out wondering if you have made the right decision to allow you to maintain your diminishing capital base each individual day.

In reality however, sensibility would tell you that this company has grown immensely over a relatively short period. (Just check the wider angle of your beloved chart and I am sure that even you won't miss the strong upward slope to the right). The company would appear to have sound strategies in place to continue the profit and growth trend by investing in the largest growth areas of the world in future too.

If you believe BSLs management has a strategy for stripping the capital base of the real sheep (which are in fact the ones who have gone out and bought to many "get rich charting" books), then that's fine. As a very happy and well rewarded investor in this company, that is what I want my management doing !

Furthermore, it can almost be guaranteed that you will look back in a few years and think, wow, why didn't I buy BSL while they were growing so quickly and so cheap, (whether it was at your exacting $6.64, or at the present market price). Either way, (if I am in fact the sheep in this scenario) it will be way too late, and all your sheep would have well and truly bolted !

(I guess you thought the sky weas falling at $3.50 when it fell to $3.00 in March 2003 too).

Whatever your thoughts either way, I still wish good fortune to any individual in the market no matter what their methods. So, I say good luck to you ... you (especially) may need it.

(BTW, even in TA terms, where on earth did you get $6.64 from? Are you sure you don't want to add a couple of extra decimal places of accuracy to that?)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.14
Change
0.210(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $8.863B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.18 $20.36 $20.10 $52.29M 2.586M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 21051 $20.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.15 2593 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.