HGO 1.85% 5.3¢ hillgrove resources limited

Great time to buy, page-113

1. 307 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    Hiya Alee

I truly do relate to your comments and frustration, it has not been an easy road that us investors travel. The world has experienced so many issues over recent periods caused by various power struggles and mistrust between peoples that have left most people struggling to find hope or see possibility of light at the end. Add to this the struggles the company has gone through and will continue to with global effects on commodity prices and the light deems dimmer.

The main processors and users of Oz's raw materials is in the spotlight for dumping and deliberately driving down prices of most commodities while controlling access to others. The world is slowly waking up to it but the resolution will not happen overnight. These are issues outside the companies control. IMHO, the most important questions right now is if the company is doing what it can to improve the things it can control and is it heading in the right direction.

Our pain shown in a chart - yes, I see you long term holders, this hasn't been an easy road. This chart is in 1 month intervals extending from the HGO's inception on the ASX.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6410/6410968-65b12182a3ada01c37cbab2d3b12e7ac.jpg

Zoomed 2016 to current, in 1-month intervals

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6410/6410974-db22fb784e310e4a8e5562bb21dac805.jpg

This is the bigger picture of the 1-day charts I have been posting. A quick glance and you'll see why you don't have to be a chartist to understand the numbers I've been quoting. Those numbers included 9.5, 6's, 5' now high 4's as the critical points. There are other investors with the same misgivings as you (as shown by the charts), where euphoria and hope drove the SP north between March and April 2024 where the net buying highest volumes HGO as ever experienced occurred, only to protected their capital when those hopes subsided between May and today where we see increased selling pressure of shares.

Everything happens in cycles, greed, fear, euphoria and despair, increased buying being replaced with increased selling. As shown in the chart, the selling has been declining but not necessarily stopped. Where it stops is when investors start thinking the price is too cheap. This point appears to be 5.4c but could continue to 5 or high 4's depending on company performance and macro events. Forget about shorting, it has nothing to do with the falls in HGO share price currently. It is absolutely a cycle we're experiencing being driven by company history and macro events. And uumm, blind freddy should be able to see it ( a cheeky comment not aimed at you mate).

1-month copper futures chart
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6410/6410997-5598e51aecde88479163dee1e8107b7d.jpg

The copper futures chart is a part of the macro being discussed above and shows a peak price rise in May. This coincides with the selling pressure HGO shares are currently experiencing.

Futures prices are indicating copper prices are near the point investors see it as cheap. As a chartist, I think there's a little more pain to go but the cycle is almost done.

Selling now would likely be selling at the bottom. This is not advise as I urge you to look at the information and conclude for yourself. Where long term investors succeed is that they do not see the cycle from a day to day perspective, only entry and exit. If they saw the cycle, they would likely panic at the worst time. I will start buying again when the cycle end has become clear. This is what @VYR was trying to say in his points 1 and 2. The only way to tell when prices are no longer falling is by looking at the history - charts.

Let's also cover the shorts..in a chart
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6411/6411018-af9307268a404124048d179f199e286e.jpg

Does the rise in shorts albeit small coincide with macro futures prices? Judge for yourself but I see evidence..in charts.

My plan for HGO right now is do nothing, neither sell nor buy. Inactivity as a choice IS activity. PS, I do have a sentiment towards buy ATM.

IMHO only. Not advice.

GLTA

Last edited by fuhc46: Today, 06:21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $111.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $110.5K 2.055M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 921748 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 300000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.