GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

great update from tim netscher on gbg., page-17

1. 912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Ironically, the DSO is probably costing more to produce than the magnetite.

Magnetite costs karrara about $15- less in shipping costs because shipping for magnetite is based on prices for larger vessels and from the pilbara for magnetite. Further to this, the magnetite deposit doesn't have the 5:1 stripping ratio that their DSO has. This means production costs are probably more for DSO than magnetite.

Couple this with what is probably a 30% discount to the 62% fe price for 55%Fe and there isn't anything left to be profit.

I wonder if the 55% fe was included when determining the 5:1 stipping ratio? if not then there will be a greater long term profit on DSO. There is also a significant saving because they didn't have to pay for trains that would otherwise remain stationary.

I'm a little concerned that they still need to commission 5/9 sections of the plant. They only have 3 or 4 weeks of DSO stockpiles left to ship. Hopefully it will stretch to 10 weeks if the plant is running at 50% capacity.

These are just my ramblings. DYOR!

Anyone else think we could see 20c a share leading up to these final commissioning stages? I imagine a lot of people are getting very afraid that the entire thing will burn down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.