RMS 2.23% $1.95 ramelius resources limited

I know hedging is a sensitive issue, if you look at share price...

1. 1,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    I know hedging is a sensitive issue, if you look at share price charts of gold companies over a long term you will find that carefully hedged companies always maintain their share price in bad times better than unhedged companies. I look at it in the same way as investing. I try not to be greedy and get the top of the market, a safe profit in the bank is a good result. Hedged companies are doing the same. They are basically saying that at these gold prices we are guaranteed a profit and will be viable . Even if times are bad and they end up in care and maintenance it gives them time to do it under control.
    In the case of Edna May and Ramelius higher gold prices for a while and good forward hedging opportunities may well be the decisive factor in allowing stage 3 to commence. For once everyone will appreciate the value of forward sales to maintain an orderly revenue stream.
    My last comment would be that it is far more fun to focus on the hundreds of millions we are making than the money we are paying for insurance.
    As always I will say that this is just an opinion and is clearly different to yours 264091, both of our opinions are valid and at the end of the day
    " NO ONE KNOWS !!"
    I note you don't hold RMS I hope your opinions are welcomed by all on this thread and good luck with your investing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.95
Change
0.043(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $2.237B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.96 $1.98 $1.94 $2.949M 1.508M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 40479 $1.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.96 24188 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.28pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.