MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

No adl....just thought it had been quite, if in fact more...

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    No adl....just thought it had been quite, if in fact more communication had taken place....as per this info from the Woodside website.

Whereby Woodside said.... "We believe there remains an opportunity to agree on a development which satisfies the requirements of all parties. The key to reaching this goal is regular, open and constructive dialogue between the parties."

.........I especially like the first sentence in the above paragraph. Not my words, but from Woodside website ..."on a development"...

I think if Greater Sunrise goes ahead, it is a near certain...(given Shell and Conoco's existing methonal operations in place at TS)...that MEO will be hosting some of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.

More discussion on methonal, at the bottom.

Woodside Web:

Sunrise Current Status - October 2012

Following the provision of requested technical data to the Timor-Leste Government, further discussions were held in Timor-Leste in September and a timetable agreed with the Timor-Leste Government for the first of a series of technical workshops, commencing in late October.

We believe there remains an opportunity to agree on a development which satisfies the requirements of all parties. The key to reaching this goal is regular, open and constructive dialogue between the parties.

We want to expand our level of engagement and work collaboratively with Timor-Leste stakeholders to share work undertaken by the Sunrise Joint Venture, discuss work that is being undertaken by the Timor-Leste Government and to better understand the issues of importance to Timor-Leste and the Sunrise Joint Venture.

We look forward to continued meaningful engagement regarding the development of Greater Sunrise.

No longer do we hear ConocoPhillips talking about a Caldita/Barossa pipeline to their Wickham Point LNG. After stripping out the high CO2 .....paying carbon tax, it would scarely be a profitable operation.

New partners SK, certainly do not seem to be in the business of running a pipeline 260km, for a break even operation...... probably starting in 2018. SK understand chemicals and the growing demand for methonal.

Thanks to MEO and some technical work 10 years ago.... these Evans Shoal, Caldita, Barrosa high carbon gas discoveries, no longer will have will an LNG future...rather conversation into far more economic methonal.

This from an old, but must read MEO link:...and exactly the approach that I think ENI, Shell, ConocoPhillips and SK will adopt for these stranded high carbon gas fields.

http://www.meoaustralia.com.au/content/Document/Interview_with_MEO_CEO.pdf

---------------------

"MEO discovered that the Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) process for syngas production created a surplus of hydrogen atoms and gas containing 22-25% CO2.

This essentially balances the surplus hydrogen and created more methanol for the same sized reformer compared with converting pure natural gas without CO2. The CO2 could therefore be converted into a revenue stream thereby transforming the economics!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.