Another film to add to my previous list is: Kundun...

1. 204 Posts.
    Another film to add to my previous list is:

Kundun (1997)directed by Martin Scorcese.

It is based on the life & writings of the 14th Dalai Lama. It is important as it sheds light on the brutality of the Communist Chinese regime (a one party state with no political freedom for its ruled population and guilty of human rights abuses against its own people and atrocities against the Tibetan people). An estimated 1 million out of a population of 6 million Tibetans were killed and many thousands were permanently exiled. The Tibetan Buddhist Religion (with a unique record of peace & tolerance amongst the World's Religions) has been almost destroyed in its homeland (a country the size of Western Europe). Tibet, over many hundreds of years, developed a unique and very high level of spiritual & psychological insight (rarely equalled & never surpassed by any other country, culture or civilisation). Communist China is the world's 2nd largest economy (predicted to surpass the USA in 10 to 20 years) with the world's largest population and the world's largest full-time, permanent army. It also has a large nuclear weapons capability & has launched rockets & space craft into earth orbit. I hope that democratic India (with the world's second largest full-time, permanent army & nuclear weapons & a population predicted to soon exceed China's) is able to provide a check to Communist China's growing power. All IMHO & for those who may be interested in an important military, economic & political struggle for dominance that may develop between these 2 countries that will greatly impact Australia & the world.

Regards,
    Confucius

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.