GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

greece starts to undermine the euro, page-42

1. 8,506 Posts.

hi CT

tho' i have a general respect for your in depth readings of economic history etc, i find that often enough, people simply read too much into many scenarios - even tho' many things will actually determine outcomes

not all that different, in some light, to the oft chastened conspiracy theorists who are also accused of 'reading too much into....'

not being much more than your average numbskull, i find comfort in the KISS method

you may have a point in people being too US centric looking at the euro problems - however, i would contend that even tho' they have their very own, possibly soon to implode 'EURO', they, as is everyone, pegged to the $US as the world's reserve currency - what i'm getting at here is that if other currencies are facing big troubles, does it not stand to reason that, by association, the $US may also eventually be in the firing line - the US's constant printing is pushing everyone closer to the edge, imo, as they are the global driver

sure, as the EURO looks worse, people will flock to the perceived 'safe haven' $US - but for how long? - isn't this just typical market herd mentality? - surely it will get to the stage where people start getting the picture that only so much of the global problems can be attributed to europe and more scrutiny should be put on the $US's fundamentals

hence, as i see it, gold's status as the REAL safe haven - but i wouldn't be counting my golden chickens just yet

as much as paper gold has been created, people will eventually demand physical - and when that runs out? - there is only one source for the stuff, and it is finite - miners

anyway, as flawed as my logic may be, this is why i like gold equities - lol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.