QAN 0.74% $6.14 qantas airways limited

Bossdog, where I see your mistake is that you do not compare...

1. 3,772 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1549
    Bossdog, where I see your mistake is that you do not compare like for like(sorry Mr Borgetti).

You say that AJ is underpaid compared to other CEO's. AJ is paid $5.1m, which is more than the CEO of every major competitor and by a long way too. JB at VBA is $2.8m, the Cathay Pacific CEO was paid $1.4m, CEo's at British Airways and Singapore are paid $2m. How does that equate to Alan Joyce being underpaid compared to other CEO's?

Are you comparing to Australian CEO's? Don't forget, you are trying to compare a company competing on the International stage. I mean that is what this is about right, sending jobs offshore because AJ can? I'm sure we can offshore his job too, we could get 4 good business men from Hong Kong to run the company using AJ's salary. In fact there are 6 people employed by Qantas getting paid more than the CEO salary of Cathay Pacific.

Please, spare me, he is overpaid!

You wanted comparisons of wages. John Borgetti is on the reccord saying that the pilot wages are a single digit difference between 737 and A330 pilots. If you want to look abroad, what about the $215k nett (300k gross) being offered for Captains on an A330(easily sourced by the net). My mate works in Emirates and his 777 F/O package is way more than he can earn in Australia as an F/O(he left Qantas), he believes more than half the Qantas Captain's too.

You see, the ones that are being overpaid here, in comparison to the world, is actually the senior management. You can complain all you like, but at the moment it is shareholder money going down the drain through being overpaid and their willingness to play an agressive game against the unions. I would love to be a fly on the wall to see if Qantas are actually negotiating( I believe they are not). Remember, there are two sides to negotiations.

Now that you can see that the salaries are comparable, it is not about that, even Qantas said they would have signed by now if it was just about the salary(in fact they said that months ago). It is about offshoring jobs. So maybe you should concentrate your arguement on the job security provisions they are trying to get Qantas to agree too.

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/pilots/sydney/a330_captain-109269.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.14
Change
0.045(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $10.00B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.20 $6.11 $41.69M 6.794M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
63 49095 $6.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.14 29384 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.14pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.