LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

green future?

1. 1,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1945
    The draft version of the US National Climate Assessment, released on Friday, is a profound document that outlines the impact of global warming... It was put together by 240 scientists and reveals that the US is reeling under the influence of climate change a problem that is apparently shared by much of the world (including Australia)...

While this may be bad news for global weather patterns, IMO this report (when the final version is released, shortly) will began a more rapid change towards green technologies. This is potentially great news for green technologies, many dependent on all of the rare earths.

The timetable for this change is already in motion, but this report is really eye opening and punctuates the need to make changes immediately. The report does urge Obama to take action, but the US is only one player in the global climate change game.

For example, China is currently in the midst of a polution crises...

"A prolonged spell of air pollution across a large area of China has led to the cancellation of flights and sporting activities and the closure of highways, factories and construction sites."

and...

"The air pollution is unprecedented. This is the first time in China’s history we have seen it this bad,’’ said Zhao Zhangyuan of the Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences."

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-china-air-pollution-hits-record-levels-20130113,0,1115890.story

I know it is my own observation, but it is entirely possible that we may see mandates coming from governments of many nations begin to accelerate green technologies that use significant amounts of RE's...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/13/no-one-can-deny-global-warming

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.82 $6.68 $12.37M 1.829M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.78 7217 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.