Hello NibblezI think that reply of mine came across a bit rabid...

1. 37,499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407

Hello Nibblez

I think that reply of mine came across a bit rabid lol .... sorry.

I think along the following lines:

# we consume too much
    # we pollute too much
    # anything other than energy use from solar, wind and hydro ... thats all other energy and all other goods we consume come from finite resourcs
    # we may/may not be causing climate change
    # many of the purported solutions for climate change revolve around more energy efficency, less polluting energy sources and less consumption
    # if climate change is a furphy, we can hardly lose by having gone down the path of some of the climate change solutions
    # so, what's the problem?

What annoys me about that book and it's pretext is that it's ok for america (and other western economies) to accelerate their consumption, but I doubt the rising standard of living of living of something like 2.5-3bill chinese and indians has been considered at all.

Each person in america currently consumes about 10 times the energy of each person in china/india ... tis an ugly thought there are also about 10 times as many chinese/indians as there are americans ... so that is a 100 fold increase in energy consumption if living standards increase to those of the western world.

In reality, the standard of living living has to drop in western countries to allow development in rising economies if we are to avoid resource wars ... the book expresses a selfish viewpoint on that basis.

Cheers
    Dex

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.