WC8 4.17% 25.0¢ wildcat resources limited

Interesting observation. I have been reading your posts for...

1. 4,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3819
    Interesting observation. I have been reading your posts for sometime. Like most of us, you got some right and some wrong. Like many of us, we were not able to predict that it will reach 22.5 from 100.5 within a year.
    But I like the point. Suddenly, last few days, WC8 playing slightly stronger than other Li stocks. I had been holding and writing on WC8 for quite some time, a long time back now. But I follow every trade, literally. I was watching on Wednesday, and it jumped to 27. I was wondering what is happening. I looked for all the clues. Honestly I was not convinced of the move. Not because of WC8. But the way Li sector (and other Li stocks) were moving. The way general markets were moving. So I am curbed my temptation to buy. And then it went back to 23.5. Closed at 25 though on Friday, a much better play than many other Li stocks. It finished the week in green, only marginally though from 24.5 to 25, but still green, where many other Li stocks were in red.
    I like your positivity, but I am not convinced yet. Reason being I do numbers across 90 ASX Li stocks and a number of US Li stocks. Week after week, for over 2 years. Sometimes, as we say, numbers don't lie. My numbers are not good for Li stocks. Currently, the Li sector sentiment is so overpowering that individual stocks have not been able to defy the trend. I can't see a reason why WC8 would be able. For me, it would only be able to do that, if Li sector is reversing, most Li stocks have their bottom. Based on number, every week, for several weeks, Li stocks are making new bottom. ALB which I use as barometer, struggling to hold 80, made new 52 week low at 79 this week. Ganfeng at 26.90, close to its 52 week low of 26.30. So currently, unfortunately, sector is in clear downtrend.
    But will change one day. It could change next week. But we have no confirmation yet.
    WC8 could go against Li sector trend. It can happen. But I feel odds are not great. To defy sector trend for few weeks, has to be a crazy announcement. Otherwise technicals (or some enthusiastic party) may push it up for a short while, and then it comes back. So at this stage, for WC8 to defy sector trend, based on my observation of 100 Li stocks, odds are only around 10%.
    So what could happen from here? As you said, something brewing in WC8 space. Some crazy announcement coming. Or some big holder taking position - we all remember MIN taking big position at 85c, how wrong they were to look into future. If any of these happens, it could take us into 30s, a number not visited for over a month. But if that doesn't happen, and it plays the sector, and if the sector continues to go down, I feel 19.5 the 52 week bottom may come into play. I hope I am wrong. But what I write has no impact on price. Its been a rough year. Lets hope we have some positivity. All the best.
    Anyone interested in knowing more numbers etc, look at my other posts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.010(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $301.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ $585.5K 2.325M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 38846 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WC8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.