Green washing- It can cost economically

1. 4,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 704
    "The Battery MEGA factory plan in the UK and a 4200km sub-sea cable from Australia to Singapore"

Tricks with "If they build it they will come"? Macro and Micro Economics of the mega trends we can see at the moment give massive opportunity and risks clearly.

"UK backs EV battery gigafactory to be built on site of former coal plant" was 2022 news. 2023 failure and bankrupt.

6.3 billion with lots UK taxpayer money and egg on a lot of faces. Even a Little Aussie in this now with "London | Geelong-based battery start-up Recharge Industries has lobbed an 11th-hour bid for failed UK battery maker Britishvolt, which collapsed in spectacular and public fashion earlier this month.

If successful, Recharge would take over Britishvolt’s unbuilt £3.8 billion ($6.7 billion) battery gigafactory in northern England, "

Battery Mega factories are being built. Their life span is dependent on four critical things. The right technology, The right prices (secure supply chains for Inputs, energy and wage costs), Secure customers and the highly volatile technology changes which may make current redundant very quickly.

Back to our own little HYPED up fail.

AAPowerLink was developed by the Singaporean firm Sun Cable, part owned by Andrew Forrest and Mike Cannon-Brookes. The hype around the very very ambitious plan was clear. AFR- "Singapore is very serious about importing renewable electricity. But the city-state has invested little in Sun Cable’s audacious plan to supply solar power via a 4200km sub-sea cable from Darwin."

My own Biotech, Solar, Hydrogen or Nuclear hype is possibly in this mix. There will be successes and failures in my mix. Mergers as well

Created to temper my own enthusiasm for some sectors I do invest in- Enjoy and add.

Have a great day all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.