greenies never comment after big bushfires, page-106

1. 5,732 Posts.
    Someone in this thread asked about why Adelaide didn't have such devastation this time around (I presume they meant the Adelaide Hills.)

I was watching the weather on Saturday and noticed the change came to Adelaide quite early in the day, so it didn't get the daytime temperatures that Melbourne and surrounds reached. Also presumably the hot northerleys were the previous evening in Adelaide and surrounds, so not quite as risky. A check of the weather observations might give a better idea / confirm or otherwise this.

South Australian bushland and grassland can burn every bit as fiercely as in Victoria, as I and anyone else who has lived in South Australia can testify - and a look at it's fire history will show.

But having had temperatures in the mid-40s for two straight weeks in the north of Victoria, up until mid-day on Saturday, I was becoming optimistic that we in Victoria would get through the heatwave without the state going up in flames altogether (although there were major fires in some localities). Unfortunately nature had other ideas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.