IBG 0.00% 0.4¢ ironbark zinc ltd

Reading between the lines, Jonathan sound quietly confident of...

1. 2,938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 473
    Reading between the lines, Jonathan sound quietly confident of securing the finance -

"Ironbark managing director Jonathan C. Downes updated delegates on the company’s flagship Citronen Zinc-Lead Project, which is also prospective for germanium.
    Ironbark is at the funding stage for the yet-to-be-built Citronen mine which has an expected 14-year life for a peak annual production rate of about 200,000 tonnes of zinc metal.
    Geologist Downes told attendees Citronen was a significant project and the company hoped to generate $600 to $700 million a year at the mine.
    Downes said: “We’ve been operating in Greenland for over 10 years now and we’ve taken on a challenging project in the northern part of Greenland, it does happen to be one of the world’s largest undeveloped zinc projects though, so the prize is very significant.
    “Over $10 billion of metal has been identified
    He affirmed the company had paid $40 million in cash and shares for the project in 2007, spent about $50 million, had drilled about 65 kilometres of diamond drilling and had consequently made its resource much bigger.
    Downes said: “We’ve advanced the project right through the whole process you’ve heard about here and secured a 30-year exploitation licence.
    “We’re now at a stage where we’re financing the mine and we’re confident we’re going to be the first large-scale mining operation in Greenland.”
    The mine will cost about US$500 million to build project and employ a few thousand people during construction.
    With a population of only 56,171 people last year, the country is likely to see Ironbark become a major employer once the mine is up and running.

READ: Ironbark Zinc retains speculative buy rating from Patersons

Downes acknowledged Greenland was undergoing change as it moved towards independence and Ironbark operated under a “fairly competitive” tax regime.
    He said. “We’ve found the government has been extremely supportive towards our work in the project and I can genuinely say the Government of Greenland is keen to support and see large-scale mining operations up and running in Greenland.
    “Unlike some of the nations in Africa, I wake up in the morning and I still have title, so that’s a big tip for investors and my experience in dealing with financiers around the world — is there is a lot of confidence and comfort in operating in Greenland.
    “As a destination it hasn’t got a long track record of mines and large-scale mining in particular but I don’t sense any great trepidation.”
    do not advertise external links.au/...n-frontier-at-greenland-day-perth-207835.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.375M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $5.542K 1.385M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1334435 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6504982 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.