ETM 4.55% 2.3¢ energy transition minerals ltd

In the USA, pension funds account for about 70% of venture...

1. 83 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    In the USA, pension funds account for about 70% of venture capital and private equity (PE) capital under management.

Pension funds operate large investment staffs and they make direct senior and subordinated debt investments into leveraged buyouts and other PE activities. They like doing this direct because it eliminates fees and carried interest profit sharing. They usually have an equity kicker, but it is small and generally in the 5% range.

Many European pension funds use the same model, so I would expect Denmark to be quite capable of being part of a syndicate to provide the $800 million. However, pension funds are always worried about paying too much, so they like to participate with other, for-profit sources of capital, such as commercial banks and sovereign funds.

Frankly, at this point, I cannot imagine Denmark not making the mining industry in Greenland viable. The royalties alone will cut the need for Denmark to subsidize Greenland and this is cash in the bank to them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $32.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $20.09K 883.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 700000 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 137232 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.