ETM 0.00% 2.1¢ energy transition minerals ltd

Greenland Mining Investment

1. 2,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    I wonder if John Mair will be able to secure the same investment backing as Rod McIllree (former CEO of GMEL before John took over the role) - it will be interesting to see how things develop on the financial front, once the Mining License has been sorted out.

IMO, the Danish investment funds are waiting in the wings, and once the Kvanefjeld project has been given the green light, will be looking to get a piece of the action!

My project near Pituffik gets 35 million from Greenland and Denmark

20 november 2019 · 09:48

The Danish Fund Growth Fund and Greenland Venture A/S have made a large investment in a mining project in North Greenland.
    The Danish Fund Growth Fund and Greenland Venture A/S have made a large investment in a mining project in North Greenland.
    The investment is for the mining company Bluejay Minings Dundas Project, which is close to Thule.
    The mine must extract the mineral ilmenite, which is used to produce titanium oxide, which is an important ingredient in paints, paper and plastics.
    The mining project receives a total investment of GBP 4 million, which amounts to approximately DKK 35 million.
    The investment is part of the increased investment in Greenlandic projects in the cooperation between the Growth Fund and Greenland Venture.
    Great demand for the mine's product

The demand for ilmenite is increasing worldwide and the incidence in north Greenland is estimated to be one of the world's most promising in terms of high purity and extraction potential, Greenland Venture writes this morning in a press release.
    READ ALSO Greenland's subplot can save on the world's cleanest ilmenite
    -It is especially the high quality of the ilmeniten and the great potential for production that makes the project interesting, says Karsten Høy, managing director of Greenland Venture and adds:
    -We see opportunities for solid business growth while the project can contribute to employment in North Greenland. It is an exciting project for the growing Greenlandic mining sector, and we find it natural to be in it, says Karsten Høy.
    https://knr.gl/da/nyheder/mineproje...9;r-35-millioner-fra-grønland-og-danmark

“We are delighted to have received strong support from two important Greenlandic and Danish Government backed institutions,” Bluejay’s chief executive Roderick McIllree said. “This support demonstrates the mutual desire to grow the country’s mineral resource industry and we hope that Bluejay will be that vanguard.”

See how we go with our story!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.