SFG 25.0% 0.3¢ seafarms group limited

I am still watching SFG, but I am waiting for the approvals to...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I am still watching SFG, but I am waiting for the approvals to come through first before making my move.

This story has been raging on and off for years now and has appeared on the front page of such newspapers as The New York Times and The Guardian on multiple occasions.

It is a huge problem and I don't believe for one second that SFG, should it be able to get PSD up and running won't take a massive market share off the Thais considering all of the competitive advantages Australia has over Thailand even without everything discussed in the media about the Thai seafood industry on top of it.

I read the following article (link provided below) but find some of what has been said from the Thai side is beyond belief. It's no surprise then that the embassies of the US, Australia and the EC weren't prepared to comment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-...europe-australia-continue-under-cloud/7046566

Songsak Saicheua, head of the foreign ministry's department of American and South Pacific affairs, said the claims had not dampened demand.

"Australia's seafood importers told us that even though there are problems, they would continue buying seafood because Thailand is trying to really resolve the human trafficking problem," he said.

"America, Europe and Australia have confidence in importing frozen seafood from us," Mr Songsak said.

The US and Australian embassies in Bangkok could not immediately be reached for comment. The European Commission declined to comment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $14.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $310 94.91K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 3474140 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 7161042 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.16pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.