Greens and Invasion Day., page-30

1. 17,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14

Denigrating aboriginals discounts the achievements many who are achieving and leading the way for their communities in law, medicine, sports, social services, education and politics etc.

The early settlers had a widespread belief that the natives were inferior, but some whites saw otherwise, allowing them to see the true nature of the natives.

These anecdotes from a humanitarian and teacher Anne Camfield paint a different picture to what is often posted in these threads.

In 1867 five native women educated in her school in Albany were sent to Victoria to find suitable husbands, and in the case of a Bessy Flower, she was sent to work as a schoolteacher.

Bessie was a fast learner becoming the organist at St John's Church Albany. She spoke French, read widely and enjoyed chess. She was highly intelligent, perceptive and sensitive to the world around her.

On one occasion she defeated Victoria's chess champion, later saying,    “I had to fight so hard,”    “He is a very good player.”

She said,   “…..many of the native children I teach are as quick in learning and mind as me…”

That is full-blood natives. What you claim has been debunked decades ago by genetics.

There were plenty more aboriginals recognised for their intellectual brilliance;   In 1819 in the colony of NSW a fourteen-year-old native girl won first prize in the public examinations and her defeat of the white children of the colony was widely admired.

David Unaipon, a full-blood native who was a writer, clergyman, scientist and inventor was also known as the Australian Leonardo da Vinci.

.   https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1410/1410036-107ab5821d4501d27b50d5753ebe2ac8.jpg

This is a picture of Bessie Flower and her life proved she was a born genius.

Your half-caste theory is untrue.

Last edited by RedCedar: 17/01/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.