MEL 0.00% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

greens hypocrisy- kick anything left standing

1. 8,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2848
    this is part of a response from the Greens and Greenpeace, and their reaction to the Qld State Govt approval of the Alpha mine in Qld.
    It seems the Alpha project is a J/V between Gina and her Indian partners.

these are the very same people arguing against MEL's projects, and their modus operandi is beginning to follow the same path imo.

Greenpeace said it would fight the project, which still requires federal approval.

The group's senior campaigner John Hepburn said the mine would undermine efforts to limit global warming to two degrees or less.

The burning of coal from the mine, at peak capacity, would result in 65 million tonnes of CO2 emissions per year, he said.

"This is equivalent to the emissions from 18 million Australian cars or 11 per cent of Australia's 2010 domestic emissions."

Mr Hepburn also said Ms Rinehart would be seeking to use foreign workers for the mine.

Comment is being sought from GVK-Hancock Coal.

The Greens said the approval was devastating news for the climate, the Great Barrier Reef and communities suffering cost-of-living pressures from the mining boom.

Greens spokeswoman Senator Larissa Waters said Ms Rinehart must reveal if she will seek approval to import foreign workers to man the mine.

"This is another destructive environmental decision by Premier Newman which will line the pockets of Australia's richest woman and the Indian conglomerate that owns 79 per cent of the company," she said in a statement.

"As Australia's largest coal mine, this mine would add to the massive dredging, dumping and shipping which is turning the Great Barrier Reef into a coal superhighway, as well as see thousands of hectares of high-value habitat lost."

She said the federal government must stop the mine going ahead.

these guys are such cunning media manipulators.

Argumentum ad hominum abusive.

Please excuse the spelling, but it goes that if you cannot successfully argue the merits of your case, then just abuse your opponent.
    Also, if you don't have a good argument, then introduce another argument as justification.

So here we have Govt approving a project in Qld which they say will inject $11 Billion into Qld econmy over 3 yrs of construction and create 3,000 new jobs.

So greens argue against approval of that coal ,ine way out in the Galillee Basin, that by saying:
    - they will import foreign workers (how does a foreign worker effect the environment any more than you or I?)

- it will effect the Great barrier Reef - from Galille Basin? where will the coal be exported from, and it already is being exported from Abbott Point etc

- "communities suffering cost-of-living pressures from the mining boom" - got nothing to do with the environment issues! but anyway, won't more jobs and injection of business to G/B rural communities ease pressure on families by giving communities a job and business?

-"will line the pockets of Australia's richest woman and the Indian conglomerate". so introduce the race card, foreign bogeyman, and class warfare by attacking Gina's wealth ! nothing green there !

- "thousands of hectares of high-value habitat lost." where? in the G/B - high value habitat? please explain says Pauline H.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.790M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 13765502 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 14063479 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.