Greens Call For A Ban On Election Day Sausage Sizzle [IMG] The...

1. 46,438 Posts.
    Greens Call For A Ban On Election Day Sausage Sizzle

The Australian Greens have today called for the immediate banning of the traditional election day sausage sizzle, saying that it is highly insensitive to vegetarians and the phallic nature of the sausage is intimidatory towards female voters.
    A spokesperson for the Greens explained the call to ban the sausage to The (un)Australian, saying: “For too long voters have been forced to endure children trying to foist a sausage on people as they line up to vote, the smell of burning dead animals is horrific and then you’re confronted with this giant phallic symbol, it’s too much I just want to vote damn it and aggressively push my Green Party how to vote card on other voters.”
    When we raised the issue of the election day sausage sizzle being a great way for schools and community groups to raise funds, the spokesperson responded by saying: “They could sell tofu or salad or mung beans, it’s not all about meat you know a lot of my friends love mung beans.”
    A spokesperson for Premier Mike Baird refused to be drawn into the debate, while Opposition leader Luke Foley asked us what Baird was doing and said he’d consult Unions NSW and get back to us.
    The (un)Australian didn’t dare raise the issue with the Shooters and Fishers Party as they’re armed and crazy.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.