XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

Grenache Friday, page-17

1. 2,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1902
    Thanks @5speed ... for both the clarification and the link ... Using a standard Fib range and placing above and below the PP does give the same R1-6 and S1-6 levels; the slight differences between my chart levels below and your projected Monday Range levels comes from the slight differences in the Data used. E.G. Investing.com, as I am relying on, has a 0.5pt higher low and a 1.5pt higher close therefore my PP is 5272 for Friday night's range and 5254.7 for Thurs. night's range.

Splitting Hairs really ...

I agree with your comment about the comparison of Thursday night's range and Friday's and therefore you would be looking at Thurs's S1-6 and R1-6 levels more so for Monday's day action. However, another thought would be to look at either the ATR for Daily continuous range or better still for the the night period only(which I can't get via Investing.com.). What I can get is a 4/or 5 Hrly ATR(14period), which I have shown plus an estimate for 6 hrly ... the length of the day session here. When considering these figures then Friday night's range is not too far off the 'norm' whereas Thursday night's range was near on double. Food for thought...!

SPI_ATR_160916_Dly.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.