GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

Agreed bugler...but unfortunately Hunt turning up to Dyesol...

1. 608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Agreed bugler...but unfortunately Hunt turning up to Dyesol during an election campaign doesn't signify anything more than the usual political shadow puppetry. Sorry happyman, but I'm afraid the local reporter did not do a great deal of background research for that Queanbeyan Age article. The 'announcement' of the $450,000 grant is actually old news from October 2015.

What makes this 'new' announcement even more annoying is that Hunt appears to have suggested that the $450k comes from the Coalition's new Clean Energy Innovation Fund (which cynics might describe as a shotgun marriage between ARENA and the CEFC). However, the original 1 October 2015 announcement of the $450k was under ARENA's auspices, and came about six months before the Clean Energy Innovation Fund was itself announced on 23 March 2016. In any case, trying to suggest that DYE's $450k is somehow coming from the CEIF was never going to stack up - our $450k is a grant. My understanding is that the whole raison d'etre of the CEIF is to do away with grants entirely and to deal exclusively in debt and equity only from now on.

The last part of the charade is that the CEIF doesn't commence until 1 July 2016... one day before the federal election. Who knows what will happen to it should there be a change of government, but in any case one would think that our $450k has been locked down.

My final comment on Hunt is that he a tedious and duplicitous man who holds himself in very high regard. I would have described his May 2016 visit as completely irrelevant to DYE's ops. However, once again I have to agree with bugler - what would be the point of Richard saying no to a visit from a Federal Minister during an election campaign? At worst it is free publicity of a very general nature for DYE.

So back to the real issues... where are we at with the pending grant stuff? We know that the $450k from ARENA is already in hand. But I think there are some other applications that we could expect some announcement from, while some wail and gnash their teeth about the slowness of Turkey:

1. From what Richard was saying at the April ASX CEO sessions, another grant application seems to be in the pipeline with ARENA, in addition to what was provided in October ("bigger and better" as Richard said). Someone correct me if I have this wrong. I am interested in finding more information about where DYE is at on this if there is a second bite at the ARENA cherry...

2. A Cooperative Research Centre Project (CRC-P) application to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science. The March 2016 Quarterly Report says that this application:
    pilko3, I think this answers your question. Richard's quote in the Queanbeyan Age should not be read as code that Turkey has been abandoned - although the CRC-P would be a fallback. Who knows, we could have Turkish and Australian pilot lines!

According to this FAQ about CRC-Ps, applications may request a maximum of $3mil in funding, although a successful applicant may be offered less than requested. Assuming that DYE made its application in time for the round that closed in March 2016, the FAQ says that successful applicants will be announced in 'mid 2016' - so we'll find out in the next couple of months presumably.

3. Anyone know about any other major grant applications? In Turkey/Europe perhaps?

Stay sunny!

TriOptimum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.