GRK 0.00% 0.2¢ green rock energy limited

Trying to calculate costs is a very difficult exercise....

1. 733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Trying to calculate costs is a very difficult exercise. Especially so when even the company does not have the data about all the technical factors, ie volumetric mass of granites, temperatures and temp gradients, flow rates and conductivity which are the critical inputs used to calculate energy transfer. Whilst temperature and conductivity data can be found from drilling and testing, the flow rates of the water within the granites is essential before scoping can be done. That is why the mini fracture stimulation being conducted soon with CSIRO is so important. It is an important piece to the puzzle.
    For example, even if you get the rocks at the right temperature, it doesn't matter a jatz cracker if the granites don't frature and the fluid flows don't work. No flkuid flows or really poor fluid flows mean reduced circulation and energy transfer. Similarly, if you have the right temps and good fluid flows but the heat conductivity of the granites is low then this also affects energy transfer.
    In terms of modelling the project I can't find a way to get the basic information. GDY's info may bear some relevance but untill all the info is in the public/technical domain, then it is all a bit rubbery. It is interesting though but probably pointless. It is like comparing the nickel mining and processing costs from WA to those in Tasmania and saying well if Mt Keith does this for this much then Avebury should do this on a comparative basis.

In terms of comparing geothermal to uranium, it is something that other countries will look at, not imo Australia as we are at least 10 years from any nuclear power generation. I still get a kick out of the WA tinpot uranium explorer saying they want to be a yellowcake producer and then an energy producer. Yeah right, after 20 years and spending $2Bln.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.