MSB 0.00% $1.10 mesoblast limited

Thanks for clarifying Sore how you define the 'early stage'...

1. 258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 663
    Thanks for clarifying Sore how you define the 'early stage' differently than the scientific and medical professions (and most rational people). Not surprising. So when you previously said stems only work in the early stage before you get really sick (most people would have rightly thought you were referring to Stage I - the viral replication phase), however you were in fact referring to the early stage of the pulmonary phase (Stage II). Talk about confusing your many followers old Sore. OK, glad we got that sorted.

You have previously said you need to treat prior to getting really sick, which you have now defined as before lung damage occurs (possibly early in Stage II), for the stems to work. In fact, a recent trial of stems for COVID-ARDS out of Israel from memory showed promising results here when infused early during the pulmonary phase (i.e. before intubation and presumably before any significant scarring of the lungs). Here we agree, I think there is scope for Rex-L to treat earlier in the COVID disease process as soon as abnormal chest imaging is confirmed. Of course I have a different view that this would be 'money well spent' in terms of improved long term health outcomes, faster time to hospital discharge, improved patient productivity post discharge etc. Maybe the (optimal) timing of the first dose will be investigated in any future trials?

Either way, if we are going for quick confirmation that Rex-L (particularly in combination with Dexa) decreases mortality and morbidity and decreases time to hospital discharge in under 65's, then fine by me. If this is the easiest path to an EUA then go for it!

However I strongly disagree with your suggestion that Rem-L needs to be administered ONLY before any significant lung symptomology arises (including scarring) for it to work. I say this because our initial trial enrolled patients with moderate to severe COVID-ARDS which would mean the majority would have progressed into the pink zone of the picture attached somewhat along the pulmonary phase pathway (mid-end Stage II) and into the hyperinflammation stage - aka cytokine storm - (Phase III); and positive results in terms of mortality reduction were reported in the under 65's (especially in combination with Dexa). In other words, I see saving lives (with no currently known other treatment option available, aside from Dexa, and the expensive supportive interventions of intubation and ECMO) during the latter stages of the deadly hyperinflammation (cytokine storm) stage of COVID-ARDS a success (works for me anyway). And I am sure if approved for moderate to severe COVID-ARDS patients experiencing hyperinflammation (cytokine storm) (where other options have largely failed) then the price tag will be more than justified by saving lives in a largely working age population and associated productivity improvements (economic benefits), shorter and cheaper hospital stays (economic benefits), and patient and societal benefits in terms of lives saved and expected improvements in Quality of Life (awaiting final 12 month data readouts).

Glad you clarified your definition of what you see as 'early phase' and 'really sick' so your followers can finally understand where you are coming from. May I suggest you change your script a little to reflect the more specific and agreed terminology, e.g. beginning of the pulmonary phase or Phase II, avoid scarring etc, to avoid confusion ( assuming it is not this type of confusion you desire to sprout ) if you feel the need to rehash your opinions again and again.

Thanks and enjoy your evening old bean.

Last edited by Martin37: 18/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.13 $1.08 $5.380M 4.893M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 69437 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 19999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.