CTP 2.00% 4.9¢ central petroleum limited

growing gas markets and lining up against rog

1. 284 Posts.
    I was contemplating SP growth for CTP and ROG and considered the following facts:

"Australia’s market share (Asia gas) is forecast to grow from 13% to 36%
    • Asian LNG demand is forecast to grow to 290mtpa by 2030
    • Australia is well positioned to capture half of this growth
    • Requires another six North West Shelfs!
    • Equates to 200TCF of gas production and commitments over the next 20 years
    • Answers the question; “why do we need more gas?”

Guess where this came from?

ROG's investor presentation.

ROG have a billion+ shares/options on issue and have just raised money for funding drilling on CTP mega-acreage (200,000 sq kms) for a 10% Farmin Share. CTP have 600 million shares and 250 million options (8-15 cents)

Although they have 155,000 sq. kms of exploration acreage elsewhere. The CTP ground has massive coal thicknesses (under 1000m) and likely to deliver massive CSG payloads.

Such a large acreage is unique for Australia and the world.

Of course Siberia may have a few secrets to give up yet, but I'd rather drill in the big red than the perma-frost.

Anyway, I digress......me thinks CTP is still the place to park the cash even though ROG have well-connected management. Their acreage and position isn't comparable to CTP's. Also, let's not forget the cash in bank and the initial free carry advantage of CTP, and ...oh...the Helium.

Happy to debate this of course and apologies in advance if I have messed up or short-cutted some facts on ROG or CTP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $36.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.9¢ $17.23K 351.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 79218 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 112495 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.21pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.