ADO 4.55% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Got this from an old Zabros post (apologies I copied and pasted,...

1. 183 Posts.
    Got this from an old Zabros post (apologies I copied and pasted, hope you don't mind)

http://www.biopharma-reporter.com/D...ket-Set-to-Nearly-Double-by-2018-Report-Finds

- The global bioseparation systems market is projected to almost double in size from $3.25B in 2012 to $6B in 2018, at a compound annual growth rate of about 11%, according to a recent report on the market.
    Growth will be driven by the development of new mAbs and vaccines; an increasing number of biosimilar approvals; an expansion of manufacturing in emerging markets; an increasing local self-sufficiency for blood plasma production; and the development of vaccines for flu and other global pandemics, according to the TriMark Publications ’ report, exclusively viewed by BioPharma-Reporter.com.

- Designing a downstream process is difficult because “the ability to characterize the identity and structure and measure the activity of the clinically active component is limited,” according to the report. As it can take an average of 15 years and between $1B and $2B to develop a new biologic, more manufacturers are looking to new solutions to increase their efficiencies.

- The global bioseparation market is controlled by five companies, which collectively have 69% of the market share: GE Healthcare Life Sciences (23%), Merck Millipore (17%), Pall Corporation (16%), Sartorius (7%) and 3M Cuno (6%). GE is also the leader in chromatography offerings, with the company claiming that their media and columns are used in 90% of all biopharma manufacturing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.