BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

gsk march 2010 update re orders and production

1. 65 Posts.
    Heres a GSK update from a few months ago re relenza production etc. I assume its been posted but still good to refresh.

What it saids to me is that next quarters numbers could be anything. I hope it surprises on the upside which I suspect it will.

''Following the outbreak of the H1N1 strain, we contacted governments around the world to establish demand for Relenza. We aimed to ensure equitable distribution of existing supplies and to put in place a series of measures to raise production levels. As a result, by the end of 2009 we had increased our annual production capacity of Relenza to 190 million treatment courses. This is a more than threefold increase on our previous maximum annual capacity of 60 million treatment courses. This increase was in large part due to the introduction of Relenza Rotacaps, an alternative delivery system to Relenza Diskhaler that can be manufactured in large quantities.

''In 2009 the WHO prequalified the two forms of Relenza: Relenza Diskhaler and Relenza Rotacaps. Relenza is now registered in over 100 countries and since the outbreak of the H1N1 pandemic we have established contracts to supply more than 60 governments with the product''

http://www.gsk.com/responsibility/global-health/responding-pandemic-flu.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.