WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Hi Martin, “Perhaps gbr, if you started to use critical...

1. gbr
    675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Hi Martin,

“Perhaps gbr, if you started to use critical thinking, you might:

a) understand why I am dubious about OBJ,
    b) notice the weakness regarding many of the interpretations of OBJ research presented here,
    c) find that I will not frustrate you, and that I will post less because my comments will be accepted as being quite reasonable.

Or…

Perhaps gbr, if you started taking fish oil capsules, your memory might improve and so you might remember:

a) I have done some research,
    b) I made good arguments for why I think more research would be futile,
    c) I TU good research posts and only critique dubious interpretations of research posts.”

Believe me on one thing Martin I have used “critical thinking” when it comes to OBJ. The difference with your thinking is that you are all over the place,

“Still, OBJ is worth the punt since big named players are interested

I'm getting frightened by the number of competitors researchers on these threads are finding!

Seeing GSK in the mix makes me fear that they are testing alternatives to OBJ tech, and that they will pick the best one, which may not be OBJ tech.”

One thing that I have learnt through investing, is to do your own research, and because of the research that I have investigated I am quite happy with my investment. I am a “glass half full guy" while you appear to be a “glass half empty guy", I look at the positives while you look at the negatives. You claimed to have been the world’s greatest philosopher and a ruthless daytrader, yet if someone posts some research that you disagree with you start coming out with the comments like those above, rational thinking is what should be applied. We do not claim that our research is fact, we are posting where we think OBJ may be heading and potentially who they may be partnering with. I feel that you know where OBJ is heading but start to doubt this with the research that is posted.

So try this on for size –

“Dec 9th, 2006
    GlaxoSmithKline snapped up the privately owned British biotech company “Domantis” yesterday in a £230m deal that catapults the pharmaceutical firm into the arena of next generation antibody drugs.”

So what is so special about Domantis?

“Domantis has been at the forefront of researching the next generation of “antibody” therapy - based on just a portion of the molecule. Due to their size, these domain antibodies (dAbs) can be administered orally as well as through injection.

Mike Owen, the senior vice president at GSK's biopharmaceuticals unit, said: "Domantis has pioneered the extension of antibody therapies to potentially wider applications than has been possible with conventional monoclonal antibodies."
    (source)

Your obvious question here is “what has this got to do with OBJ”

OBJ’s announcement June 2005 (source)

“OBJ Limited (OBJ) is pleased to announce that it has received Ethics Committee approval to commence animal trials to investigate the efficacy of its Dermaportation drug delivery technology in the development of a Vaccine and “Anti-body” drug patch. The approval provides OBJ with the ability to trial its technology as a means of delivering a number of key vaccines and anti-bodies through the skin, rather than by injection, as is currently the case.”

Now we go to an interview with Ian Tomlinson, Ph.D., a former academic and successful biopharmaceutical entrepreneur who was chosen to head up the newly formed biopharmaceuticals R&D unit. He is currently senior VP and head of biopharmaceuticals R&D and sits on GSK’s R&D executive committee “(this interview was in 2012)”

What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Leap In Technology Or Innovation In The Biopharmaceuticals Space?
    Over the past 15 years or so, therapeutic mAbs have dominated the pharmaceutical markets. Six of the top 10 best-selling biologics in 2015 are expected to be mAb-based products. With this in mind, I think the next big innovation will be the development of highly specific antibody fragments — “which have the same biological properties of mAbs but are much smaller — that can be directly delivered to the anticipated site of action in patients”
    For example, we are keen on developing domain antibodies that can be directly inhaled into the lungs of patients suffering from various inflammatory lung diseases. This makes a lot more sense than relying on systemic administration of mAbs (with likely systemic side effects) to treat disease that is localized to the lung. Another area of interest is the topical delivery of mAbs and domain antibodies “through the skin” or mucous membranes.

“Ultimately, I believe the industry is moving toward development of drugs with greater target specificity and more “targeted delivery strategies” . This will likely culminate in the development of safer and more efficacious products. This won’t happen overnight, but it will happen!”

This is the first real evidence that I have found of where GSK would like to go with Transdermal Delivery and when you consider the Acquisitions & Collaborations that they are involved in you begin to see the possibilities that OBJ are potentially involved in.

What I would like you to do Martin is challenge me and actually show me where my thinking has gone wrong, until then I will continue to post my research and debate if I feel the need.

Oh by the way Martin, I do take fish oil, it helps to keep the mind sharp

As for this from your post –

“It seems the mods thought your post was not a TOU violation, so I will reply in the same format that you used, so it should likewise be acceptable to the mods:

Perhaps gbr, if you started to use critical thinking, you might:

a) understand why I am dubious about OBJ,
    b) notice the weakness regarding many of the interpretations of OBJ research presented here,
    c) find that I will not frustrate you, and that I will post less because my comments will be accepted as being quite reasonable.”

To me this speaks volumes about your thinking, and no, you do not frustrate me, for someone who has been given the opportunity to go to University one day you will leave that institution and face the greatest teacher there is - “Life”

The above is purely speculation and for general discussion

As always please D Y O R

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.