BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

gsk presentation

1. 2,027 Posts.
    I know this is old but I can't remember reading it before. Found it on a flu discussion site. It shows that perhaps GSK is not really neglecting Relenza anymore; as we have seen today it has successfully filed for FDA approval for prophylaxis. Interesting it mentions intravenous Relenza and that the delivery mechanism is one of the bottlenecks. Coming soon? Could use up all the excess Relenza they may have produced?

Source: Effect Measure blog

Excerpt from summary of executive presentation during Glaxo-Smith Kline's third quarter 2005 earnings conference call with analysts and investors on Oct. 27, 2005:

"Relenza is not a pill; it is an inhaler/spray that uses many small pieces. Production schedule is more complex than if it were a pill. Co. simply can't produce enough units, no matter what it does. Co. is greatly expanding its internal capacity. Has opened new plants for Relenza in the last six months on different continents. However, even operating seven days a week, 24 hours a day, co. can't come close to producing what world might need. Co. is actively searching for partners; going to be very flexible.

"Goal is to make as many units as possible to deal not only with developed world but the developing world as well. Problem is that co. has to test partners' delivery systems for Relenza, and there's no guarantee that those alternative delivery systems will work. Co. had some experience in the past and knows what doesn't work. Hope to find an interim solution. Co. will update as there is progress to report.

"Will continue to work on other aspects of Relenza: Could be an alert that lasts for years. Focusing on filing for prophylactic and working on an IV."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.