WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

The more we think about and read the related articles the more...

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    The more we think about and read the related articles the more we will realise how significant this "Exclusive" collaboration with the world's 3rd largest Pharma will potentially be.

As this recent article confirms, after the current GSK diversification of their "non-core" OTC brands all focus will be within the area of their exclusive Oral Healthcare agreement.

"GSK today identified the non-core OTC brands that it intends to divest as the company focuses its Consumer Healthcare business around a portfolio of fast-growing priority brands and the emerging markets. GSK's intention to divest its non-core Consumer assets was announced at the company's fourth quarter 2010 results on 3rd February 2011.

The products to be divested, which are primarily sold in Europe and the United States, had sales in 2010 of approximately 500 million, 10% of GSK's total Consumer Healthcare turnover. They include analgesics: Solpadeine, BC and Goody's; vitamin and supplement product Abtei; feminine hygiene treatment Lactacyd; and alli for weight management.

Following the divestment, GSK's Consumer Healthcare business will focus on three priority categories: Oral Health, Wellness/OTC and Nutrition, in which the company has fast-growing leading brands such as Sensodyne, Panadol and Horlicks. On a pro forma basis, the retained business delivered sales of approximately 4.5 billion in 2010, and grew at 6% CAGR over the period 2007-2010. The refocused business will hold market-leading positions in Smoking Control, Denture Care, Dental Sensitivity, Analgesics, and Nutrition.

Commenting on the proposed divestment, CEO of GSK Andrew Witty said: "Consumer Healthcare is a key growth driver for GSK. But it is important that we focus this business around product categories, brands and markets where we have most depth and competitive advantage, with the best prospects for strong growth. This divestment is also an example of our commitment to focus on realising value and enhancing returns to shareholders."
    Click here to read this article in full.

For almost 12 months now I have respected the HC guidelines and resisted from offering my very honest opinion regarding the future of OBJ. I can and will however, continue to believe that the market has completely failed to understand the significance of what has already been presented to us in announcements.

One day very soon I suspect many will be very surprised.

I'll close with a small snippet out of a recent article in "fiercepharma" and leave you to ponder whatever you like...

"When you see the word "nanotech," what images come to mind? Drexlerian molecular machines that can build anything? Tiny "Fantastic Voyage"-style submarines zapping cancer cells? If you're in the financial sector, you might simply think of a hype-filled bubble that briefly ballooned and burst years ago. The pattern here is that while nanotechnology captures the imagination, it is not yet taken seriously--by neither scientist nor general public--as something that has "arrived." However, something funny happened on the way to molecular machines. Nanotechnology started getting real."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.