TSN 0.00% 1.0¢ the sustainable nutrition group ltd

gsk wont go away!!

1. TDA
    11,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    It's getting interesting with GSK and Reddy's, it seems as though GSK will try and slime their way in over a longer period of time if they get the chance. I just hope we get to see the full potential of ACL rather than them getting their hands on our technology/processes for too cheap, anything under $3 is a steal imo, though I do realise that they could probably get us for $1.50 - $2 just after FDA approval of fondaparinux. All speculation of course:)

Reddy's certainly wouldn't let it affect fondaparinux sales as it has been flagged as one of their more promising generics by many analysts to have near term approval and earnings. Too many eyes watching imo.

GSK Article:

LONDON, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Western drugmakers are stepping up the hunt for emerging market "tigers" in India.

British-based GlaxoSmithKline (GSK.L) has emerged as frontrunner for a phased buy-in to Dr Reddy's Laboratories (REDY.BO), India's second-largest drugmaker, people familiar with the situation said.

A transaction could spark a fresh wave of foreign deals in India's drugs sector, after the troubled purchase of Ranbaxy (RANB.BO) by Daiichi Sankyo (4568.T) last year.

While nothing is finalised, one possibility is that Glaxo will take a 20 percent stake in Dr Reddy's Holdings, a family vehicle that in turn owns 23.2 percent of the drugmaker.

This would give Glaxo a stake of just under 5 percent, worth around $165 million. But the British company could also get right of first refusal on the family's remaining holding, the sources said.

Officials at both companies declined to comment.

(full article below, 2 pages worth)

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssHealthcareNews/idUSL765673120091007?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.