GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

GSW AUS vs USA Market Performance, Correlation and Effect

1. 26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    US investor here, I actively follow GSW in the AUS and US market to determine how the US markets will behave at open and how much activity there might be. For instance, the volume was 1,322,358 in AUS yesterday and the US had only 773.4K. Also, AUS opened at 0.6650 and closed at .61 vs the US (AUS Price) opened at .65 and closed at .58.
    The US market always seems to have a larger spread than the AUS market, usually between (AUS Price) .059 - .074 for the BID vs ASK price; this makes it prohibitive to take short gains and buy back in because one would lose money.

We can assume that AUS investors have a different sentiment for GSW compared with their US counterparts because of the CA and intimate knowledge of Joel, Bane and said company. The US market got rocked today with a -18.4% loss. I lost all of my gains plus a little more, I anticipated a sell-off, but not this much of a loss. How I wish I still had my AUS .18 averages. frown.png

I would appreciate it if someone e.g. @avagadro@roofy @PrincessKate could shed some light on my understanding or lack there of for the AUS and USA market performance, correlation, and what effect one might have to the other. It's probably very complicated and it's hard to quantify, but I would appreciate any insight since I'm fairly new to investing.

Lastly, I'm expecting a bloodbath on Monday both for the AUS and US market @avagadro any thoughts on what might be the new low? I believe it was in the mid .10s but I think it's more like the .25 now. Where's the bottom of the cup great one?

Thanks all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.