GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

@monsieur You're right..everyone has to start somewhere. Funny...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    @monsieur You're right..everyone has to start somewhere. Funny that you chose the GetSwift board for your first post to enlighten us peasants of your unsolicited and generic thoughts on commercial litigation and why you think the market (generally speaking) is misguided on what class action attorneys and their funders can do for investors. I'm sure you don't have an underlying agenda. 

Sorry, I'm well aware you were referring to a return of 60% of recoveries, not 60% of the total loss. We can agree to disagree that investors and lawyers have different opinions as to what a reasonable outcome is. Litigation funders might take the risk but lawyers ALWAYS get paid and are thus incentivized to continue to serve as an imbedded tax on our economic engine. "I want to be a litigation attorney" said no child anywhere.   

@roofy Glad to see there is some agreement here. Nice shirt you wore yesterday btw..I almost wore the same one  I also agree that some responsibility has to lie with the management but there are some very clear steps as to how regulators control corporate behavior. To brainstorm on just a few: 

1) Any or all announcements made with reference to a third party must be disclosed to counsel of that third party no sooner than 24 hours prior to its release on the ASX. If Company ABC is announcing an MSA with Company ZZZ, ABC must disclose to ZZZ the content of the announcement 24 hours in advance. "Dear ZZZ, in order to comply with continuous disclosure guidelines 45B-1, we are announcing the following..." This doesn't require the 3rd party to verify or sign-off but it does force ABC to be thoughtful about what they are actually disclosing. 
    2) GUIDANCE. How about forcing listed companies to answer questions relevant to a contract that is announced? This would be a good start! Asking if something is "price sensitive" is entirely subjective and an absolutely joke. How about, "What type of agreement has been signed? MSA, MOU etc etc" "Are the revenues stated in this announcement contractually binding or estimated?" I can go on and on...

@yaba "It would be a bit like saying the police need to monitor every car, every minute they are on the road to make sure they are driving within the road rules, impossible, which is why they whack you so hard when you do get caught."

No, it would be like saying the lawmakers need to set rules. How old someone needs to be to get a license. What type of vehicles are permitted and what specific license is required for each specific class of vehicle.  Perhaps regulators don't have the right leadership to effectively compete on a global scale.  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.