re: re:wood's release!! a negotiated deal??> now what, did you...

1. 328 Posts.
    re: re:wood's release!! a negotiated deal??> now what, did you see it on lateline? What was the name of the town?

Mr X,

Didn't see anything on Lateline.......and I have no idea what town you are on about.

I heard a summary of an interview with Hilaly's spokeman here in Oz....on 3aw......this morning....where the guy claimed that Hilaly was upset that the rescue had taken place, that it was not necessay..... as he (Hilaly) was informed that Woods was going to be released today.

Begs the question that if he knew Woods was going to be released.....how come the raid took place? I guess they must have figured it was too risky to leave it to Hilaly's sources?

I think Howard and Downer are heaping praises on Hilaly to make him look good, not to put him and his mates off-side, and also as an acknowledement that he played a part in keeping Woods alive.....and to suck up a little to the moderate Muslims.

But then again, I think that Hilaly knew more than he let on....and is/was trying to milk the maximum mileage out of the Woods abduction to score some badly needed brownie points that he and his Sunni mates so badly need.

I reckon he knew a whole lot more than he lets on.....and time will tell.

If I am proven to be incorrect, I will say so, right here in this forum......

He aint passing "the smell-test" just yet!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.