GTG 0.00% 3.9¢ genetic technologies limited

GTG to Hold Investor Webinar and Q&A Session on November 19, page-7

1. 3,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1662
    Webinar has just concluded. Here are some of the notes that I took. Some of it we already know so apologies for that:

• This test uses a personalised approach to risk
    • In relation to the Covid test, when a vaccine is actually released to the market, the Covid test will be able to prioritise who should be getting the vaccine first
    • The test is 111% better at identifying risk
    • GTG type of polygenic risk testing will also allow practitioners to select the best drug based on your individual make-up (this in itself is great. How many times have we been prescribed a drug and it seems to do nothing for you, then you're prescribed another and another until you finally get one that does something!)
    • George confirmed that they are on track with their Covid validation. They are using three methodologies which means when it's finally released to the market, it can be used by a greater number of laboratories because of the pre-testing/validation that they company are undertaking now
    • They are currently negotiating marketing and distribution deals
    • Unlike vaccines (that once they're created and released, that's it - they can't make it any better. You have to rely on other vaccines down the track that may improve on the first) GTG can update their algorithm every six months so they remain relevant to the market
    • They have been working with the Australian Govt. lab called AGRS (I hope I wrote that down correctly because when I google it, it is the Australian Geospacial Reference System!)
    • they are considering press releases but they need to be careful about what they release. Because they are a small company they need to validate everything before they can release any news to the media
    • The reagents were the biggest hurdle which they have now ticked off.
    • They are marketing to Governments via consultants. They are not directly approaching the Governments themselves. (Good thing I suppose. Get the people who already have contacts in the Governments to do the work for them)
    • There was a question about mergers etc. but the company want to prove themselves to the market first. (Also a good thing as it will increase the value of the company obviously and make it more valuable in any merger or takeover)

So that's my take away from the webinar. There were quite a lot of questions from listeners on the webinar and George spent a lot of time answering questions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.