NUP 0.00% 1.5¢ nupower resources limited

Dunno about rockboy,but I think phosphate is a winner however...

1. 27,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Dunno about rockboy,but I think phosphate is a winner however its played.

Courtesy of dub from the general thread.

Goodbye Petrodollar, Hello Agri-Dollar?

So what new trade regime may be the dominant one for the next several decades? According to some, for now mostly overheard whispering in the hallways, the primary commodity imbalance that will shape the face of global trade in the coming years is not that of energy, but that of food, driven by constantly rising food prices due to a fragmented supply-side unable to catch up with increasing demand, one in which China will play a dominant role but not due to its commodity extraction and/or processing supremacy, but the contrary: due to its soaring deficit for agricultural products, and in which such legacy trade deficit culprits as the US will suddenly enjoy a huge advantage in both trade and geopolitical terms. Coming soon: the agri-dollar.

As we have said, we would expect the big gainers of a meaningful rise in food prices in real terms to be Brazil, the US and Canada, while Japan, South Korea and the UK would face challenges. The top chart is important: look how China’s surplus has turned to deficit. What will happen if the Chinese middle class swells as it is expected to? And that’s the rub; what we have been used to in terms of food’s importance is set to change. How food moves around the world is likely to change, and the flow of currency around the world will also likely be impacted.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-24/goodbye-petrodollar-hello-agri-dollar

Currently I see no need for rum and NUP to merge,afterall they are jointly in talks with the Chinese already.
    I would suggest more drilling would be required by both companys to extract more potential value,at such time maybe a merger then could be contemplated.

Raider

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.