BCI 2.22% 22.0¢ bci minerals limited

guess who?

1. 696 Posts.
    I think I am correct but I do not have the actual article identifying the ASX Code but: http://pro.portphillippublishing.com.au/q01osibounce/EOSIQ333/?email=dbo60264%40bigpond.net.au&a=20&o=4986&s=5634&u=33622&l=148257&r=MC&g=0&h=true

Content (edited for relevance):
    'Three Bounce-Back Mining Belters' to Buy NOW
    Bounce-Back Belter #1
    Strike While the Iron Ore is Hot for a
    Potential Quick-Fire 40% Gain

Hi there. As Kris says, the media continues to speculate on the end of the mining boom. This means the whole Aussie resource stock sector remains in lock-down.

If you think it will stay that way for the next three years, fine. I think you're making a costly mistake, but you're entitled to your opinion.

When it comes to investing, I make decisions based on facts. And the facts point to the price of iron ore heading back towards record territory. Especially with the falling Australian dollar which boosts mining profits.

Iron ore was the poster child of the 2003 to 2011 phase of the mining boom.

When prices started to fall instead of rise, this in turn dragged the rest of the industry down as shareholders got spooked and fled.

In the last three months iron ore prices have stabilized and the industry has seen a small revival.

So where is the sector heading now?

My simple answer:

IT'S GOING TO BOUNCE
    BACK IN A VERY BIG WAY

Now it's important for you to know that this is hardly a radical view. Many respected analysts share it.

It's just not widely reported in Australia because it doesn't fit the doom narrative that the press so adores.

Take this announcement form the analysts at IBISWorld (emphasis is mine):

'Following a large revenue decline in 2012-13 due to price falls, industry revenue is expected to rebound in 2013-14 by 13.6 per cent to $67.2 billion on higher output and price increases.

'This will be despite increases in iron ore output worldwide and slower economic growth in developed and developing economics.'

JPMorgan also has positive forecasts for 2014, stating that 'iron ore is unlikely to tumble like 2012.'

Iron ore miners added another $65 billion to their value in the last half of the financial year. This was at a time when the sector typically expects price to fall.

The iron ore bounce-back isn't coming.

It's here. And I've found the best stock on the ASX to help you take advantage...

It's an iron ore producer that meets my three strictest investment characteristics. I call them the 'Three Powerful P's':

Project: As I've said, we're entering a production boom, so it's critical a company is sitting on a high quality, low cost and expandable project.

Profit: In the last phase of the boom profits and cash flow didn't matter if there was the prospect of a big resource in the offing. In this next phase cash-strapped companies won't survive...but companies with money in the bank and big margins will thrive.

Partner: In very rare cases having an excellent project and good margins is all a company needs to succeed (provided you have a good management team). But in the year to come, having powerful allies will make or break small and mid-cap miners.

First up, the project. I believe this mid-cap company is the single best ASX play on iron ore for 2014.

That's because it operates an incredibly unique new iron ore project in the East Pilbara of Western Australia.

It's unique because of the ore you find there. It's a direct shipping ore. That means you can dig it up and sell it without needing any modification or improvements.

Crucially, this means that the project is low cost. The company has disclosed cash costs of between AU$45-50 dollars per tonne. That puts all-up costs at around AU$67.87/tonne.

That leads to the second 'P': profit. The above costs mean this company is a very high margin (sales less costs) iron ore producer.

These are exactly the kinds of companies which will bounce back the fastest in the coming six months.

Companies with lots of margin protection...ones that will KEEP MAKING MONEY even if the iron ore price has a temporary cool-off in 2014.

This project isn't only high quality and low cost. It also has a strong mining life of seven years, which seems likely to increase next year.

Then there's the final 'P': partner.

Often a smaller company needs a strong partner to help it grow. That's where this story gets really interesting...

My best iron ore play for 2014 just entered into a strategic joint venture (JV) partnership with a major global iron ore producer.

The deal secured the necessary rail haulage, port services and ship loading infrastructure required for the smaller company to become a producer.

For this reason, I don't think it will be long before you see this company trade at a similar valuation to Atlas Iron.

For that reason I place a one-year gain target at a minimum of 40%.

We'll get to the subject of the name and ticker symbol of this company shortly. But you better get your skates on with this one. In many ways the iron ore bounce-back began last year. It's not mainstream yet. Right now only the 'smart money' is targeting low-priced assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $634.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 22.0¢ $1.106M 4.915M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 176953 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 40304 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.