re: guidance figures Stavlin, you said on Thursday that “If...

1. 4,048 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 945
    re: guidance figures Stavlin, you said on Thursday that “If Chris Gale is being conservative @ 1.2% market share, the expansion in the eastern seaboard should light up SWT”. Of course, you are right.

I hadn’t realised until I read the announcement that the present market penetration of broadband was quite so meagre. The claim is that only 4% of us are using ADSL at the moment - the industry expectation being that that will rise to 20% over the next three years. I would have thought that was easily achievable, and I notice Telstra has itself targeted ADSL as a major area of growth in its recent pronouncements.

The growth in Swiftel’s Sydney operations alone provides proof of the demand. Considering the operation only began in February this year and has already attracted more that 2,500 customers, you’d have to be forgiven a little excitement! Particularly since Swiftel’s projected customer numbers are, as you note, thought by the company conservative and likely to be exceeded.

The REALLY exciting thing is that nothing has yet been said about Melbourne or Brisbane, where the Sydney experience can presumably be replicated!

For a company capitalized at Friday’s close under $9m, Swiftel really looks to have the goods!

Comparative Market Capitalizations (Undiluted) of Junior Telcos as at close of trade 08/08/03:

ASX Code Market Cap.($ million)
    AMM 28
    CAG 56
    HTA 231
    IIN 94
    MAQ 40
    PWT 58
    SIU 15
    SOT 198
    SWT 9
    UEC 157

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.