GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

lets be real about this.the forestry deal is only happening...

1. 2,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53

lets be real about this.

the forestry deal is only happening because Gunns wants it to......their decision to leave is commercial and aimed at delivering the outcome for all interest holders that we have.

I believe they deserve some compensation for the fact that it is their actions that have the chance of delivering real change to the forests in Tasmania.

What would have been the other way to achieve such a deal? Have the government go to Gunns and offer to buy them out in the first place? It would never have happened given the funding contraints for government...hence any agreement can only come from Gunns taking the action that they have done. And hence they deserve some compensation for doing so......

It is a cute argument to say that it is their commercial decision, but not a realistic one if you look at how any deal would ever have been achieved.

Having said all of that I dont believe they will end up getting much because of the political necessities of getting the deal approved. Gunns hold all of the power over whether the deal goes through or not......which people seem to have forgotten....does the public want this deal???? if not dont pay Gunns, if yes then pay them.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.