I have actually pulled my super and paid my house off- had to...

1. 225 Posts.
    I have actually pulled my super and paid my house off- had to retire early due to ill-health, ( at the worst possible time). Even then, I still managed to devalue the super by $65,000.00 because I left it in Australian shares for 6 months too long. My financial planner said, ... "change your preferences and you lock in the loss," but having lost $65,000.00 I decided to convert to cash and fixed interest -which did at least stop the nearly terminal haemorrhage of my funds. It at least left me enough to pay the house off. I could have continued to pay the mortgage- but I was concerned , in spite of all Gov. assurances etc., that I might be told I could not have the money when I wanted it, or that I could only have a certain percentage. So, as soon as I was able I got the cash. VERY happy to own the house but not the way I would have done it, if things had gone to plan.
    I don't see the market recovering for 12-18 months, though clever traders will always make money. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. Besides, I am sure there are those worse off than I, and who have lost more. At least I still have a little to play with the penny dreadfuls- and one will make my fortune one day.
    poppi
    good luck to all- will AAR or NAD ever do the right thing by us? I have given up on AAR.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.