MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

I think the MEO forum have an opportunity here to be different...

1. 649 Posts.
    I think the MEO forum have an opportunity here to be different to all the others. The recent events have changed my attitude towards hot copper.

1. If you follow any stock on HC you soon realise that the majority of posts are from those who hold and by definition have a predisposition to positive comments about the stock
    2. What generally goes with that is thumbs up to anythign good said (whetehr substantiated or not). It is extremely rare for criticism of a stock to receive thumbs up.
    3. With the recent disappoinitng HS1 news and many comments about our rights to ignore the (positive) comments of predominant posters because we "make our own decisions", is it fair to tell posters who have an alternate view that they are not welcome here. I don't believe it is.
    4. The biased leaning towards positive comments in my opinion takes away from the value of a forum like this.
    5. In a previous post I shared my view that this forum was way too open to the "near certainty" of HS1 and Gurame success and way too closed to views suggesting otherwise. I know we still have the upper zone to come and boy do I hope it succeeds but the truth of the matter is that if one wanted to scan through the recent past posts we could find many many posts that with the benefit of hindsight were way off the mark now that we know more about the lower zone at HS1.
    6. If you take the view that this forum is about the sharign of views so that we can make our own objective informed decisions and choose who to ignore and who to listen to then i enourage alternate views. Only if that happens will we be more likely to make well informed and objective decisions. We will in theory have been able to consider both sides of an argument.
    7. Whether you agree with Shrewd Crude or not i welcome the input. Case in point...just look at the excellent responses from Iam and Oligarch that it generated.
    8. And surely those with positive sentiment should be expected to substantiate claims just as much as those with negative sentiment. Arguments put forward with a positive sentiment are far more valuable when they have been tested by a negative view and passed with flying colours.

If someone says something that is rubbish lets just have the debate rather than crucify them for posting here!
    A forum that only supports one view is not a forum but an emotive fan club.

And lastly.....after bad news ...whats the difference between someone suddenly posting here vs someone suddenly no longer posting here ? Not much in my view. We should all have the right to turn up or not turn up to post whenever we choose.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.