Fair comments Raider. However, until the aboriginal industry,...

1. 62,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313
    Fair comments Raider. However, until the aboriginal industry, and it is an industry, paid for by working Australians, accepts that we are all one united country under one flag I don't believe there will be any so called reconciliation.

I think the time is well overdue for the 2% or so of our country to accept that the past is the past and move on into the future as productive, educated citizens of the 21st Century. The endless cry for hand outs and recognition when they have already been well compensated and recognised sets them apart from society as a special interest group. I know that some of my comments may sound condescending however, I believe the "industry" does itself no service morally, economically, politically or harmoniously..

It is self destructive for a small segment of any society to continuously seek appeasement and compensation in any form from a modern well established society from which they already benefit overgenerously imo.

I admire Australians such as Noel Pearson who admits the "industry's" faults, past misdemeanours and takes a pro-active stance in endeavouring to engender self determination and betterment of his people through education and employment.

I do not really think we need to pay infinite homage to the indigenous society for a well developed current society which has largely given them equal rights and privileges, in some cases , over and above the rest of our community.

I mean no latent disrespect of their past civilisation, but surely the time is now overdue for all Australians to tread this land with mutual respect. To continue feigned division by singling them out for special treatment is condescending and embarrassing for them and I believe is misguided.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.