Firstly Pints, I tip my hat to your father, for his service to...

1. 27,594 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    Firstly Pints, I tip my hat to your father, for his service to the country he believed in and fought for, ( sincerely ), I salute him, and his comrades who were with him.
    I listened last week to the RSL guy on 6pr, personally , their reasoning was way off line IMO.
    You ban your indigenous people from speaking their language at a ( welcome to country ) ceremony, while at the same time, you afford the kiwis paradoxically of speaking in their native language, side by side with their English version of their anthem.

I went to Kwai ( Thailand ) ,last year and went to the cemetery ,a few ks before the bridge itself, where some of the fallen were buried.
    I just do not believe, those men of all nationality's who rest there, would be on the side of the WA RSL's, former position, especially when the Aboriginals who fought in WW2, weren't even ( then ) classified as Australian citizens , in their own country.

Raider

On the down low, I wouldn't have gone to the dawn service this year, if they had maintained their ridiculous position.

As it is now, last year, the wife and I went to the Port Kennedy dawn service, this year, I think we will go to the Rocko dawn service.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.